Friday, July 14, 2006

World Pricing Day?

If there was ever a day worth declaring "World Pricing Day", could today (14th July) be it?

Two suitable days spring to mind. The 23rd of February, when in 1917 the Russion Revolution begain following Government imposed controls over the price of bread.

Today of course, in 1789, was the storming of the Bastille and the start of the French Revolution, which also began after citizens complained about the price of bread.

Such is the power of pricing.

Also on this day, The Economist has published a letter I wrote in response to an article on Online Advertising Pricing models, although my letter, like the comments above, relates more to the history of pricing than online pricing models. My letter is third from bottom, and it contains a link to the original story (highly recommended).

I'm sure you will see the "French Connection" in both the contents of the letter and of course the name of my company. Posted by Picasa

No comments: